9 Signs Your Child Might Be Visually Impaired
“Diagnosing visual problems in children can be a challenge. Children are not usually very vocal about the visual issues they are having, especially if they are young. They might not even realize anything is wrong since the symptoms of visual impairment are less concrete unlike hunger pains or fever.
It can be hard for a parent to notice a visual problem too since so many of the symptoms are things that occur in school, like a child needing to sit close to the board.
9 Signs Your child Might Be Visually Impaired
- Sitting too close to the TV or holding books very close
- Blinking repeatedly or squinting and closing one eye or the other
- Tilting their head to one side in and effort to see better
- Frequent eye rubbing during activities
- Light sensitivity and/or frequent headaches
- Losing their place while reading
- Avoiding reading or close up work
- Irritation while doing visual work
- Poor hand-eye coordination.
3 Things you can do to support your child’s eye health
- Get a comprehensive eye exam
- Limit screen time
- Protect his or her eyes from the sun
Read more HERE
Lopez, Ana. “9 Warning Signs Your Child Has Vision Problems – Eyes and Vision.”Sharecare. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 June 2016.
Schedule an Appointment
Call us today with questions or to schedule your appointment.
Add local SEO here.