Binocular Vision Dysfunction is a condition where the eyes are unable to align properly. This causes the sufferer to correct or over compensate for this misalignment creating strain on the muscles in the eye because he or she is constantly trying to re-align the eyes to eliminate blurriness and double-vision.
Binocular Vision Dysfunction can show a number of different symptoms. These easily recognizable symptoms may include:
- Unsteadiness while walking
Symptoms can also manifest in less tangible ways. Those that are harder to identify may include:
- Anxiety as a result of difficulty driving or reading
- Anxiety as a result of too much stimuli in a large space or large group of people
- Trouble concentrating while reading
- Trouble with reading comprehension
- Fatigue while reading
- Restless sleep
- Difficulty looking someone in the eyes
Often, symptoms of ADD and ADHD appear similar to those of Binocular Vision Dysfunction. See one of the doctors at Birmingham Vision Care for a comprehensive eye exam if you or your child are exhibiting one or more of these symptoms. Ask us about prescribing prism. Prism is helpful for some patients with Binocular Vision Dysfunction.
Schedule an Appointment
Call us today with questions or to schedule your appointment.